Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tagged?

Ok, so I read a post from my friend Karlenn and she openly tagged anyone reading the post...so I am going to give this whole tagged thing a try.

The tag was to post SEVEN quirks. So, here I go:

1. I hate it when the kids rooms are a mess and I beg and plead and yell (I'm working on that one) for them to get it clean and they are doing sooo much better......BUT I am a complete hypocrite because my room is ALWAYS a disaster area! Shame on me!

2. I (like Kar) don't really like chocolate. I too would choose 'fruity' candy over chocolate. Here are my exceptions to the 'don't like chocolate' rule: brownies (but they can't be too rich), hot chocolate, rocky road ice cream. I know, random!

3. I have to move emails out of my inbox after I have read them at work. I like to see the new emails as they come in and know that they are new and that there is nothing I need to do with the old emails. If there is some action I need to take I flag the email but still move it out of my inbox to one of the many, many subfolders (33 so far, I am sure there will be more...I just create a new one if the email does not 'fit' into any of the created folders).

4. I am cheap. Really cheap. I will not buy a box of cereal if it costs more than two dollars (my best buy thus far has been 50 cents a box, with 10 for 10 and coupons). My husband and I have a little competition where we try to make sure that our savings (at albertsons, the only grocery store) is greater than the amount that we spent. So far our record is: Spent $40, Saved $120!!!

5. This kind of goes along with the cheap one but kind of not cuz usually I will splurge on technology....but I haven't gotten a blue tooth for my cell phone and now that it is against the law to drive and hold your cell phone - I put my phone on speaker phone and nestle it in my cleavage to hold it close to my face. I can hear it great and they can hear me great too! Sooooo strange!

6. I am currently a student. I am insane. I must do well or I might die. This has not always been the case. I guess I always gave myself an excuse before I got married. Don't get me wrong, I have always had at least a 3.4, but now it is A's or nothing. I have gotten B's since being married and it crushes me. I worry, worry, worry about my classes and study, study, study myself to death and then when I get an A I can breath.

7. I sing all the time. Admittedly, I have decided to live my life as a musical. I sing in the car, the shower, when I am nervous, while I do dishes...I make up songs, I sing silly songs...I even made up a rap once at youth conference. Most people think I sing well, but I am envious of those (like others in my family) that are amazing singers. I wish that I was an amazing singer and in a way I guess all of my solitary singing is really just a way of practicing because I want to be a better vocalist. I would like to note though that Altos don't get their due props...and thank heavens that lds.org lets you transpose the hymns. Once I realized that I also realized that I don't have to be the harmony...I can belt out hymn in melody in MY range. Way to go lds.org, way to go.

Alright....how did I do? This was my first ever "tag" and I actually had fun blogging about it. So, since I do not have very many of you on my blog list, if you are reading this then - YOU ARE TAGGED!

1 comment:

Kar said...

Hooray! Thanks for responding to my "open tag." I used to tag people, but they would all get on my blog and complain and say they were "tagged out," so I just don't tag anyone anymore. So thanks for showing me some tag love. And I love your seven quirks. I miss you so, so, so much!! Wait. You're working full-time AND you're still a student? AND you're a mom? What the H? How are you not dying?

Recent Comments