Friday, October 31, 2008

FLIP!

Ok, now I grew up in Ohio, so I am not a stranger to foul language. I understand that it is commonplace in our society these days but I am seriously over it. I sit in my office all day, with the door proped open because I am a friendly type person, and as the high school kids come to and from the classes it is astonding how many times I hear the f word. Seriously, like, every other word. I am not enjoying it!...
...In fact, I just walked out of here and told the professors that they need to talk to their kids cuz I am feed up! They said just let me know and they will write them up and send them back to the high school. Thank heavens for little favors!

3 comments:

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Wait do you work outside of the home now? Have you for a long time and it has just been forever since I talked with you last... like the 4th of July... oh, man.. fill me in!

The Bowldens said...

it doesnt make any sense to me either. i admit i will say it when i am extremely upset and really pissed off, but to say it every other word is a little extreme and i just dont understand it! i am glad you feel the same way

Kar said...

I am so sorry you have to listen to that. I hated that when I taught junior high. I full-on would yell at the kids in the hall if I heard it. They would take the Lord's name in vain in my classroom all the time, and I would yell at them, and they thought I was crazy: "G-- isn't a swear word!" "Well, it is in MY classroom, so don't say it."

Recent Comments