Monday, October 13, 2008

I almost got kicked out of a baby shower....

Ok, that's totally not true. The mommy to be was very gracious and put up with us....

Let me back up. So on saturday morning I went to a baby shower for my friend Amanda. She is expecting her second baby, this time a boy. The shower was at her mom's house and of course the food was spectacular, the decorations adorable, and the games - lots of fun!

That being said...I was sitting at the same table as Marianne, Jessica and Eileen. Well, if you include me in that bunch then you have the whole RS presidency. We usually don't all get together unless it is for a meeting and so we were just having sooo much fun laughing and talking (and not even about our callings!). Well, needless to say, as the poor mother to be was opening her presents we kept chatting and laughing. Each time we broke out in laughter the rest of the shower turned to see what you so dang funny. We just couldn't help ourselves! We hardly ever just get to get together and just talk and laugh and have fun.

Afterwards we all felt so bad. Jessica apologized to Amanda for us who replied "I was just wishing I could've sat with you...It sounded like fun! You guys don't get out much do you!"

Lol, It's true...we don't! What fun!

Ok - here is my blog lifting for the day. I took these from my friends page http://www.ecakes.blogspot.com/ so that you could see how cute the baby shower cake was....it was adorable! Super fantastic job Erin!!!!



Oh my gosh!!! Can you believe how cute this is??? Me neither!!!

3 comments:

Hadlock Hideaway said...

Yeah, that kinda sounds like Rachel! Lol, always finding the fun in everything... I miss having you around more! I love the cake. It is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wanted to sit at your table, too. I'm glad you guys had fun. Great cake by the way;)LOL Thanks for posting it.

Kar said...

That sounds like so much fun! And that cake is the cutest dang cake I've ever seen!! I love your laugh. I miss it.

Recent Comments