Wednesday, October 22, 2008

SPIRIT WEEK - Really? Have we come to this?

Do you remember during spirit week (week of homecoming...dig back in those memory files) how you used to have a different theme each day? like, dress like a nerd or school colors, or togas? Well, today was cross dressing day at the high school! WHAT!?!? Nope, you didn't read that wrong...Cross Dressing Day. Yeah, actually on the spirit week calendar! Awesome!

Seriously, did nobody but me find this to be inappropriate. Are the kids in charge? What the heck! Next thing ya know they are going to start having lingerie day. Ahhhrg, I am so over the school system here!

We need a charter school with something that will be very novel - rules of behavior, dress, and accountability. How shocking would that be??? Anyone else on board?

check out the charter school that we left for good old PVUSD www.timpacademy.org :( I miss it!

2 comments:

Kar said...

How funny! Yeah, I think it's inappropriate. Mainly because you KNOW that all the boys will be grabbing each others' fake boobies and laughing. How interesting. I'm sorry the school system there sucks.

Alice said...

I think that silly socks, backward shirt day, most spirited day where they can wear all the red or blue day , don't let drugs sneak up on you (wear sneakers day) is good fun! I heard that maybe the high school does the cross dressing day, but it is not at my elementary school and I will veto cross dressing day when I get the chance to!

Recent Comments