Friday, October 31, 2008

Beachy Waves - lazy version!

So my friend Kar, if you haven't looked at her blog you totally should because she is one of my favorite people of all times!, anyways, she recently blogged about beachy wave hair. Here is part of what she had to say:
So we've been trying to figure out how the heck to do it. I read somewhere that you twist a chunk of hair, then curl it with a curling iron to make it wavy. I wanted to try it, but I am currently without curling iron. Then I ran into this tutorial on YouTube, for "beachy waves" - the girl uses a flat iron! (And I like this tutorial because it has the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in the background, but it's a different version - Hawaiian-style, with a ukelele - very nice.) So I studied the tutorial and then tried it:


and this is how her hair turned out (these have been bloglifted from her site, isn't she a beauty???)

So, she inspired me and I decided to give it a try, but darn me I don't have a flat iron. So I came up with another tactic. After my shower I put product in my hair, and then put it up in 4 strategically placed messy buns. I was assuming it would dry overnight but of course my hair didn't...It's not cuz it is necessarily that thick but just because there is a lot of it. So I got out the blow dryer and then spritzed some hairspray. If I would've thought about it I totally would have taken a picture but I am new at this whole blogging thing so maybe next time. It didn't turn out curly so much as, well, beachy waves...more like this:


It looks mussed and natural and very sea salty. I did read somewhere that you can spritz your hair with sea salt water for the same effect (after much scrunching) but since I have absolutely no wave/curl to my hair I don't think that it would work. Hmmmm, Cali always looks great after a day a the beach. I think I am going to buy a new spritzer bottle and some sea salt and go to town on her naturally curly hair.
If you are coming to Trunk or Treating tonight then you can see the effect of my procedure...of course that is after a looooooooong day at work.
Next time I think I am going to try rag curls. Fun, fun. Thanks for the inspiration Kar! Love and Miss you tons!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried the tecnique you used and have the same issue with my hair not drying. I think I'll try the trick with a flat iron and I'll let you know how it turns out. I probably won't do it often...it just screams split ends to me. BTW, your hair DID look great when I saw you at appleby and I should have said so...sorry. :)

Barnard Family said...

It looks green though...that is concerning to me!

Anonymous said...

Okay so I really think it was the way the light was coming through those big GREEN trees. I should just be quiet huh? You're beautiful!!

B.T.B.B. said...

You can always pull a Trish and just chop it all off! My hair dries in 10 minutes, without the blowdryer. LOL. Your hair did look beachy on Friday. Your cute no matter what!

Kar said...

Heyyyy! You wrote about me on your blog! You cute thing! I'm all blushy and excited.... I should do that strategically placed bun thing every night, because I end up showering at night a lot, and in the morning, I could have some beachy waves without all the hassle! And I love that term - "bloglifted." Gonna have to use that term more often, because I do a lot of bloglifting!

Recent Comments