Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Goals

I thought that it would be good to post my goals for the year.  We are writing these down for FHE tomorrow but I thought I would get a jump on them.

Read the scriptures more with my family, my husband and personally.  We, as a family, have actually done better.  We have come leaps and bounds from the months on end of no reading.  Miracles can happen.  We read quite regularly now.  We strive for everyday.


I hereby decree (that is right! decree!) that I will eat better this year!  So there!
I will start off by saying that we had more family home evenings last year than ever.  However, we did not get every week in!  So, this year I would like to have ALL FHEs!
Adam and I both grew up watching television on Sundays.  It has become ridiculous.  I actually enjoy the time that I spend with Adam watching some of our favorite shows....but we have decided that they can wait for another day.  No TV on sundays (including video games and movies!)
As a family we have been doing much better with this one too.  I am going to strive to pray more and to pray with sincere intent.

I have made the decision to spend time working out on a regular basis.  I was coming home everyday from work to have lunch with my husband.  I am going to sacrifice four days away from him to work on myself.Happy New Year!  and may all your righteous desires be granted unto you!

3 comments:

Angie Hermanson said...

You go girl, reach for the stars! You should let us know how you are doing, and any helps you figure out along the way. I have only set one personal goal for the year. I want to read my scriptures daily. Which reminds me...

Kar said...

You are a brave girl. I stopped making resolutions long ago!! I just always aimed wayyyy too high, and then failed miserably. So now I make teeny weeny goals throughout the year. Those are some fantastic goals, Smachie. You are a really good mom.

. said...

GREAT goals for 09! I wish I was bold enough to post mine :)
Great example to ME!

Recent Comments