Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Technology is so cool

Did you know that as I watch the kids getting ready for school I can blog right from my iPhone? That is so cool right? Also Cali forgot her homework at my mom's house so she scanned it in and emailed it. I saved the attachments as pictures and printed them directly from...yep, my iPhone. I haven't moved an inch. I printed wirelessly from my iPhone and Cali ran into the office and got the printouts. And when Mac says there is an app for that! They are right! There are games of course but oh, so much more.
I have a fitness app to track my weight, calories and exercise (I have lost 10#'s), a zillow app which helps me locate potential houses for sale "nearby" my current location, a time card app to track my real estate hours, my social apps including this one from which I blog, reading apps, maps and GPS, picturing taking and editing apps, school apps for college (I go to WGU), educational apps for helping kids with anything from math to sight words, and banking apps to keep tabs on my finances - to name just a few!
But if that weren't enough the church is keeping up with the times as well with a gospel library with access to everything on lds.org, LDS tools which is my ward and stake directories right on my phone, LDS youth with inspirational messages for youth and access to the Strength of youth pamphlet, hymns which gives you searchable hymns and shows words or full sheet music, Mormon messages for awesome missionary moments or inspiration on the go, scripture mastery to help kids (and parents) memorize scriptures - those are just the official ones! Oh and heaven forbid I forget my new favorite addiction (that I gave up pinterest for, for lent) indexing! I have been indexing so much that Cali asked me the other day if SHE could try the "name game". :)
So this has been a public service announcement that technology is your friend. Get it, live it, love it. ;)

No comments:

Recent Comments