Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Life is funny.

sunrise in Florida from my back porch

I was reading one of my posts from just a year and a half ago speaking of the winds of change.  How we were trying to decide where we needed to be in life and where the Lord would lead us.  It lead us home to Orem and we really loved every minute of it.  More than I enjoyed it the first time I lived there!  I got to really know some people that I didn't know before - at least not really, and now I am having a hard time living without them.  And met some more people that I just can't see how my life was ever complete until I met them.
And then the winds of change came again.  I know that they were partially self-inflicted this time - we moved closer to my parents...but I am not sure that they really were.  Sometimes the Lord intends for us to go somewhere for a purpose - I am not sure what that purpose is yet.  I know that things are different.  I know that some days I really enjoy being here and some days it is hard to be here.  I miss my friends terribly and wish that this place and that place were closer together.  But I am resolute in finding out what the Lord has in store for us.  I find solace in the beauty of the place that I am right now.  I am amazed by the natural beauty that surrounds me and hope that I can soak up as much as possible while I am here.  You never know when the winds of change may decide to pick up again.

No comments:

Recent Comments