Thursday, March 1, 2012

Take me out to the Ball Game!

Here are some pictures from Andrew's first and second games.  Can you believe that that manchild belongs to me??? He is going to have to start shaving soon too! Yikers! 









Baseball in Florida has quite the learning curve - living 35 minutes from the ball fields makes this a whole new game for me.  It seems like the practices and games take the same amount of time but because we live so far from the ballpark it takes some real planning on my part to get everyone where they need to be, when they need to be. 
When we have a game or practice before 6pm I have to drive into town and pick up the kids from school in order to get them there on time as they don't even get home until 4:30-5:15 from school.  I forgot one piece of the puzzle yesterday and that is that there is early out on Wednesday.  Needless to say, poor Colton sat at the school for over an hour since I didn't leave until the regular time to pick him up.  :S I felt like such a dope!
Another change is that the season is super-long!!! We started practices in February and games at the end of the month...but the season goes from now until mid MAY! Are you kidding me?  That means that I am driving to town almost every day of the week.  And then Colton and Cannon's coach asked if we could drive in on Sunday for team pictures. Um, no! I am here usually 5-6 days a week.  I will come to pictures any of those days but I am not coming out on my day of worship when all the rest of the team has uniforms and my kids are still waiting for theirs. Oh yeah, did I mention that they still haven't gotten uniforms for my younger two? 
Luckily, I have such a love for watching these cute boys play ball that it will all have been worth it by the end of the season....right? RIGHT? lol.....take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd....

No comments:

Recent Comments